So, like I previously mentioned I have been trying to cook at least one new thing a week, and this was on the menu for last week - and it is definitely a new fave! (especially for Robert!) It's really easy and inexpensive and there were enough leftovers for Robert to take for lunch the next day! So...
Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic cloves (I didn't do quite that much, i just used 3 cloves because i'm not a fan of food drenched in garlic)
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained (they are pretty cheap at Trader Joes)
- 4 ounce can of sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 16 ounces Alfredo sauce (I used Ragu brand, but homemade or any other kind will work)
- A box of your favorite pasta
- 2+ chicken breasts
- Saute tomatoes, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with wine, then add Alfredo sauce. Cook for another two or three minutes, stirring regularly, until sauce is heated through.
- Serve with chicken breast (it's really nice to have cooked chicken on hand, and actually this link will show you how to easily make that happen) over pasta.
*I would say that this feeds 4 people, so adjust accordingly (Robert and I do eat kind of a lot, though.)