15 March 2010

Unite My Heart

“I will confess to you that over and over I am personally driven to do what I trust you may be led to do today. I look back on my life, and while I have much to thank God for, much in which to see His Spirit’s hand, yet when I feel my responsibilities and my shortcomings, my heart sinks within me. When I think of my transgressions, better known to myself than to anyone else, and remember, too, that they are not known even to me as they are to God, I feel all hope swept away and my soul left in utter despair, until I come anew to the cross and think of who it was who died there and why He died and what designs of infinite mercy are answered by His death.
It is so sweet to look up to the Crucified One again and say, ‘I have nothing but You, my Lord, no confidence but You. If you are not accepted as my substitute, I must perish; if God’s appointed Savior is not enough I have no other. But I know You are the Father’s well-beloved, and I am accepted in You. You are all I want and all I have.”
Charles Spurgeon

If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared. Psalm 130:3-4 (ESV)

***********************************************

O praise the One, Christ Jesus, my Savior and my Lord, who willingly paid the perfect price for my sin. O God, I want to love you more. I want to know you more. O Lord, I am in such need of you - great, daily need. You are so good and I am not.

Psalms 86:10-12, "Teach me your way, O Lord; I will walk in your truth; UNITE MY HEART TO FEAR YOUR NAME. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forever more. For great is your mercy towards me, and You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol."

No comments:

Post a Comment