18 March 2011

i love CHARLES SPURGEON!!

“We are liable to worry a little when we think of our changeableness. If you are at all like me, you are very far from being always the same. I am sometimes lifted up to the very heavens, and then I go down to the deeps. I am at one time bright with joy and confidence, and at another time dark as midnight with doubts and fears. Even Elijah, who was so brave, had his fainting fits. We are to be blamed for this, and yet the fact remains: our experience is like an April day, when rain and sunshine take turns. Amid our mournful changes, we rejoice to hear the Lord’s own voice saying, ‘Fear not: for I have redeemed thee.’ Everything is not shifting waves; there is rock somewhere. Redemption is an accomplished fact. ‘The Cross, it stands fast. Hallelujah!’

The price has been paid, the ransom accepted. This has been accomplished and can never be undone. Jesus says, ‘I have redeemed thee.’ Our feelings may change, but this does not alter the fact that we have been bought with a price and made the Lord’s own by the precious blood of Jesus. The Lord God has already done so much for us that our salvation is sure in Christ Jesus. Will He begin to build, and fail to finish? Will He lay the foundation in the everlasting covenant, dedicate the walls with the infinite sacrifice of the Lamb of God, give up the choicest Treasure He ever had, the chosen and precious One of God, to be the Cornerstone and then not finish the work He has begun? No, if He has redeemed us, He has, in that act, given us the pledge of all things.

See how the gifts of God are tied to this redemption. ‘I have redeemed thee, I have called thee’ (Isa. 43:1).”

Charles Spurgeon

************************************************

Praise the Lord, right! I want to highlight every one of the sentences in that quote, because each one is so true! Spurgeon is such an encouragement to me (and I will be proud one day to name my first born son after him). This totally encouraged my soul and I hope it might do so to yours as well!

What an awesome and gracious God! Salvation is such an amazing gift and we are certainly the most blessed of all people! Praise God from whom all blessings flow, the unchanging, eternal, sovereign, and good One!

No comments:

Post a Comment