19 June 2012

DATE DAY!!!

It's been a while since I've posted...my computer is old, and sometimes it won't let me use the "Blogger" website (or Fossil or look at Facebook pics, etc? Random!)  Anyway, without further ado - DATE DAY!

Robert and I have had a few dates since Maggie has been born, Sem Banquet and another dinner.  But, for his graduation gift I wanted to plan a super fun DAY for just the two of us.  So, the wonderful Amanda Taylor (and Emily for a little, too!) watched our sweet little one while the two of us celebrated together.  We seriously had the best time!!


Up first - MB2 Raceway!  MB2 is legit go-kart racing - so much fun and pretty intense.  You have to sign a waiver that basically says I won't sue if I die; but, on the up-side, you get to pick cool racer names.  Robert was Bobcat and I was Bobcat's Wife, haha.  I was pretty scared before we raced, and for good reason.  Basically, I almost killed someone, haha.  Two guys wrecked in front of me and I didn't have time to put my brakes on and I literally ramped up on top of this guy and his car!  It was terrifying!  The rest of the race I drove at a crawling pace, letting everyone lap me...it was a 14 lap race, and I completed 8 laps!  Robert came in 2nd place, though!  A highlight for sure, though, was that we saw Steve Carrel with his wife and family there, having a family birthday party! So, racing was a blast!

Next - We headed to the Americana in Glendale!  We walked around a little and then had an early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory!  YUM!! We had a gift-card, but decided to "share:" fried macaroni (appetizer), Miso salmon with mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas, and Adam's Peanut-butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake - um YES!  It was AMAZING.  I'm hungry now...I need a snack.

Then - I got Robert a gift-card for The Art of Shaving , so we stopped in there.  He got some gear? is that a proper term?  He got some stuff for shaving - very legit, gentlemanly, "luxurious" shaving, haha.  He was pretty excited; it was cute!  And, bonus, his face smells amazing these days :)

Last - We had some movie tickets from Costco and we went to go see Avengers in 3D!  It was our first time with 3D and it was pretty cool.  I probably prefer regular viewing, but it was definitely a fun one to see in 3D - tons of action!

We came home to our beautiful baby sleeping soundly!

Thank you, Lord, for an amazing husband to share this grace of life called marriage!  It truly is a gift from the Father, and I am so grateful for every second of it!  Next week we head to Kauai!!  We will celebrate our third anniversary and see all of my family - we are really looking forward to spending a lot more time together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment