19 February 2010

Married at the Marriot







"And Adam said: 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman because she was taken out of Man.' Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh..."

AMEN!

This was our first married Valentines Day, and it was wonderful! Robert and I went to San Diego and stayed downtown at the beautiful Marriot Hotel and Marina. I loved the city (and the fact that it was clean). I loved seeing the lights, and being able to walk everywhere. I loved the whole mood of the town - the tall, sleek buildings, the weather. I loved not going to work. But most of all I loved being with my husband. Being married is pretty much the greatest thing on the earth. What a blessing from the Lord to get to share your life, every day, with the one you love! We could have stayed at the romantic Castaic Inn (which is this hilarious little motel with like an 8"x10" swimming pool, an advertised 27" in-room tv, and a blinking red sigh that says ROMANTIC as you pull into the truck stop that so happens to be our exit off of the 5. It's priceless. You have to see it for yourself.) and had the most amazing time. But, the Lord was so gracious to us in allowing us to stay in such a gorgeous location and enjoy each other to the fullest!

We walked to breakfast. We went shopping. We ate amazing food - a lot of food - too much food! We went to the beach, saw a touch of the olympics, and smiled at each other. I called my mom the day before and just told her how excited I was to get away and just be with the hubs. And she laughed, fully knowing that we really have nothing to "get away" from, but totally understanding how great these special times are!

So, home is certainly where the heart is. I do miss my family and my friends daily, and terribly. But goodness, I sure do love this boy that I married. I am so proud of him and all of his hard work, and so very thankful for all the grace that God has given us.

Lastly, I wanted to add that we have decided to hire Isabell to travel with us, because we are wretched picture takers :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved hearing about your romantic getaway! It looks like you guys had so much fun. :) I am so happy you two are together in CA, enjoying each other on your exciting adventures. Ps. You are one of the most photogenic couples out there! You always have such cute pictures together! I miss you so much!! Love you!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete