03 February 2011

Thoughts on Thanks

A few excerpts from Choosing Gratitude:

"Gratitude is...a choice that requires constantly renewing my mind with the truth of God's Word, setting my heart to savor God and His gifts, and disciplining my tongue to speak words that reflect His goodness and grace - until a grateful spirit becomes my reflexive response to all of life"

It is interesting, yet so true, to think of gratitude not as a feeling, but a command and a discipline! Thinking this way makes my thankfulness a much bigger issue throughout my day!

"The true glory and the transforming power of gratitude are reserved for those who know and acknowledge the Giver of every good gift and who are recipients of His redeeming grace"

How true. We overlook God's common graces to all, every day! What an even greater tragedy to neglect His gift of salvation which is unimaginably great! We - I am truly so blessed. My God is so good! Thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment